Wednesday 16 August 2017

GEGNZ Student Summit

WOOAAH!! Is what the whole Year 7&8 Extension Team said when we saw what Ormiston Junior College in real life. It was so big that it was probably 15 times Pt England. I know right very very big. We were very lucky to go to GEGNZ Student Summit and present to over 20 people. I was privileged and lucky enough to be in one of those groups.

My group told the schools about what PENN is and how it operates, while the other told them how to create a simple game using Scratch. Over 400 students attended this in 2017. We had to get  to school before 7:45 in the morning. It was very fun and the students were very well behaved.

The PENN teams presentation started at 10:00 and the Scrstch team started at 10:30. I am proud of my team for pushing through even with a person absent. My team did great and so did the Scratch team. It was an amazing experience and I would love to do it again.

One of my favourite parts were visiting other workshops. Especially the stop motion workshops. They spoke very clearly and were confident. They were only 8 and 9 years old and did very well. So me and the PENN group went to them after they finished and congratulated them and told them how good they were and how well they held themselves. Well done to Mitchell, Ana, Yvonne and Simon for getting prizes.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.