Friday 22 December 2017

The 200m Heat Race

At The Pakuranga Athletic Club Lloyd Elsmore, a Tamaki cluster athletic day was on the way. I had participated in the 200m race and The Long Jump representing Pt England School as a year 7 contestant. My mum, dad and grandparents came to support me and the school.

GO SON! Said my mum, as the man clapped the clappers for the 200m heat race. I pushed off my foot as hard as I could and started sprinting as I was coming around the corner of the track I saw a friend of mine to the right of my lane, his name is Tevita and is currently a year 7 student at Sylvia Park. As I ran next to him I started passing him and that built up my confidence and I got faster and faster. It was just me and another student that attends Stonfields. In my mind, I kept on telling myself that I could do it. So I started to pump my arms and legs and ended up winning the heat. "I'm in the finals!" Is what I screamed I really wanted to jump and celebrate but I had no energy.

In the long jump, I came second behind Tevita N. The length of my jump was 4.76m and Tevita jumped 5.12m. In the finals for the 200m race, I came second behind Tevita N. Thank you for reading my blog post about my 200m heat race and I hope that you enjoyed it down below is a video clip of my 200m heat race. Please leave a positive comment down below of what you thought about my writing and how you think I did in the 200m race.



2 from Pakalani Ajani on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job son, I’m impressed. You have very good writing abilities. Keep up the good work son.

    P.S Please excuse my very, very loud voice.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.